Once most of the wings were painted we borrowed 10 frame packs and began experimenting with attaching the wings to the frames. In the end, we used a two hose clamps per side, plus some large zipties for good measure.
Karen and Jen made all the headdresses for the team: a black baklava with alumininm-foil-covered styrafoam eyes and twisted wood with black pipe-cleaners wrapped all-around for the antennae.
We tested skiing with the wings, and after alot of the wings shifting back and forth, we decided we need a some kind of cross-brace system....back to Heather's husband (our consultant structural engineer), who suggested using some of our scrap PVC to create cross-bars across the back of the wing (not shown here).
A few weeks later we recycled the butterfly costumes to do the Running of the Reindeer!